The travel industry always moves fast. But what a weekend we’ve just seen!
With overall demand for holidays beating pre-pandemic levels – combined with increased consumer desire for reassurance – it’s an ideal time for travel consultants.
- Sunday saw sales records smashed yet again, with people grabbing last-minute breaks (41% of recent bookings were for the end of this winter season).
- Suzy just got her business for nothing by beating the Money-Back Challenge.
- And franchisee Mark has just crossed the million-pound in travel sales milestone.
And going on holiday keeps getting easier…
- Core destinations like Spain and France have reduced testing requirements.
- Jet2 have ramped up their capacity for this summer in the Mediterranean islands.
- It’s now cheaper & easier for families to come home, with reduced testing and simplified passenger locator forms.
Yet, this feels like it’s just the beginning of the wave.
Have you noticed there are more and more family holiday ads on TV right now?
New research from ABTA shows almost two-thirds (64%) of families with children under 16, say the limited opportunities to travel due to the pandemic have made their holidays more important to them than before.
At the same time, families are increasingly keen to use a travel agent. People with children under 16 are 50% more likely to book with a travel professional now than before the pandemic. This is primarily for the security of a package holiday (43%), followed by guidance with travel requirements (35%).
You could be running your travel business as early as this spring
March induction training for new franchisees is running Monday 21st – Friday 25th and is down to the last places.
April & May training dates can now be publicly confirmed.
April: Monday 18th – Friday 22nd
May: Monday 16th – Friday 20th