One of the biggest questions for anyone considering switching careers and becoming a personal travel consultant is “can I do it”?
If you have no experience in the industry, it’s a natural response.
With over 900 travel consultants, 99% of whom had no prior experience, we know the answer to “can I do it?” is definitely “Yes”.
And, while we provide you with millions of ABTA bonded holidays, travel technology, marketing support and more, that’s not the reason we know you can succeed.
It’s because we invest massively into your ongoing, daily support from travel professionals. They’re employed by us, to help you start and grow your business.
And now, we’re going even further.
We’ve created the highest support ratio offered by any UK travel franchise business, by more than doubling the number of Business Development Managers (BDMs) in the last six months.
In practical terms, it means we’ve halved the size of franchisee groups the BDMs look after, so you get even more daily support when you want it.
Meet just some of the team who’ll be there to support you
Our BDMs are highly experienced travel professionals. They know the ins-and-outs of the travel industry. And you get to call on their advice at any time.
- Gary has been in the travel industry for 22 years. He’s been a travel agent, store manager, worked for tour operators and even lectured in travel & tourism.
- Ali has been in the travel industry since leaving school. First as a travel agent, then at tour operators – and finally as a strategic commercial manager.
- Leanne has 28 years travel experience. She’s been a travel agent, manager and business growth specialist for brands like TUI and P&O Cruises.
- Paula managed multiple travel agency stores for over 22 years, working for Thomas Cook. She coached and developed teams to deliver exceptional service as well as increasing profits.
- Aaron has spent over 10 years in travel, working with major brands like TUI and Kuoni.
- Natalie has over 23 years travel experience, including everything from call centres to retail and luxury travel as senior manager.
- Dave Pope is a travel industry veteran. As well as helping travel companies with commercial turnarounds, he also ran his own training consultancy for 17 years. He joined in 2019 and currently works with our top 20 franchise owners, as well as overseeing our induction and ongoing training syllabus.
As your business grows, so will your needs
A new travel business is very different to one turning over millions of pounds a year. And you’ll have developed as both a business owner and travel professional yourself.
That’s why you’ll always move into a BDM group with other travel consultants who are at the same business stage. It means you’ll be able to get exactly the kind of training and advice you need.
We also have dedicated specialists in-house – such as our Cruise Division with experts like Duncan and Gemma.
It’s seamless to switch to travel
Former NHS podiatrist Sian wanted to change careers but thought it would be highly complicated to do with no experience.
The reality was completely different.
“I guess I was taught that you have to learn it in school, learn it in university, then get your qualifications. I thought you can’t do it if you haven’t done those steps.”
But she soon learned that our onboarding is specifically designed to help people without travel experience get started in just 5 days.
“It was just such a seamless, easy process to get into The Travel Franchise. I was actually really surprised at how easy it was. I expected it to be really complicated and really overwhelming, and it wasn’t. The training was really concise. I didn’t feel left on my own. We were really supported, and we had a good group of people that were all in the same boat.”