1. Record sales and commission every month!
In 2023 our consultants collectively enjoyed record sales every single month throughout the entire year. Sales were simply staggering and the trend looks set to continue as we enter 2024 with strong January bookings.
That means we’ve paid more commission to our travel franchisees than ever before.
2. Record number of new franchisees
Due to the post-Covid travel boom and the fact that more people now understand they can and want to work from home, we’ve seen a record number of people join in 2023. Many start making bookings as soon as they finish training, like Dawn, who joined in December and made 11 bookings by January 7 2024!
3. Highest travel ranking in the UK’s top franchise leaderboards
Last year we were named among the top 10 franchise businesses in the UK, beating global brands such as Vodafone (Direct Franchise).
In Elite Franchise’s Top 100 leaderboard, we rose to no.12 after shooting to no.17 in 2022.
4. Cruise sales soars
Cruise sales tripled since the launch of the Cruise Division in September 2022 and we expect this trend to continue with 19 new ships scheduled to set sail in 2024.
Last year we hosted hundreds of consultants on several successful company cruises with Virgin Voyages and MSC in 2023 and, for 2024, we have two cruises lined up for franchisees with Princess Cruises and Virgin Voyages.
In 2023 we also launched an exclusive cruise club, Circle of Excellence, for our top selling cruise agents with special events to meet and network with key cruise lines in person.
5. New board and management highfliers join the team
We’re such a fast-growth company we’ve attracted some big names in 2023 including:
- Derek Jones who is now a non-executive director and who has over 30 years’ experience in the travel industry and was formerly CEO of Der Touristik UK and MD of Kuoni.
- Darren Thompson who is a non-executive director and was once founding cornerstone investor and board director for loveholidays.
- Stephen Badger, who took on a senior management role as our newly-created Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Ben Blackler who heads up NJT’s marketing team and has decades of experience in travel and marketing.
6. Celebrity TV-star ambassadors step onboard
TV stars Hayley Sparkes and Laura Hamilton became our brand ambassadors. Hayley accompanied NJT consultants on several mentorship retreats abroad and also presented at the NJT conference last weekend. Find out more about their role here
7. Groundbreaking tech launches
2023 was the year we launched our groundbreaking WOW travel app, which is already earning consultants thousands of pounds connecting with customers without extra work!
Early in 2023 we also launched our Cruise website to help agents compare different cruise lines and itineraries to help boost business.
8. Company and agent awards
Shortlisted for numerous awards, TTF won Eco Franchise of the Year, while co-founders Paul and Steve won Scale Up Entrepreneurs of the Year South West. But it was our consultants that really took the spotlight.
- Consultant Ross Johnson was named Travel Trade Gazette’s New Luxury Travel Designer of the Year in February 2023. Ross, who worked for over 10 years as a musical director and pianist, launched his travel business with us in December 2020 without any previous experience in travel. Two years later, with the support of The Travel Franchise, he has sold well over £1 million-worth of holidays.
- David Walker was crowned Leisure Agent of the Year 2023 by Travel Weekly and this year succeeded in passing another milestone selling over £17 million-worth of holidays since he joined us.
- Despite having never worked in travel, Ben Casey won Home-Based Travel Agent of the Year, plus Agent of the Year 2023 in TTG’s esteemed Travel Industry Awards.
- David Walker and Gilly Bachelor were also shortlisted for Home-Based Agent of the Year, while Gilly also won Smarter, Better, Fairer Travel Agent of the Year 2023.
9. Company trips abroad
Last year we hosted 500 franchisees on more trips than ever before – with highlights including two free Elite retreats in Mauritius and Jamaica, plus two free Millionaires and International retreats in Cyprus.
Just wait until you see what we have planned for 2024… two cruises plus company retreats for franchisees in the Canary Islands with TUI and with our partner Beachcomber in Mauritius!
10. Our consultants in the news
We’ve featured in the local and trade press too many times to mention, but last year we also featured on ITV Meridian, Yahoo, Huffington Post, Women and Home, the Independent and the Telegraph.
Some of our consultants have also appeared in the national press too:
- Such as Vikki: If you’re not computer savvy you’ll love Vikki’s story. From zero computer skills to hero, booking over thousands of cruise holidays. Read our blog about her here and check out the article about her in the Express…
- Then there’s Ami, who appeared in the Express due to her success
- And mum Amy who featured in The Sun
- Becky was on TV as a travel expert and appears in our glossy company magazine (see below)
- Meanwhile, consultant Sabina went viral on TikTok after jumping in a swimming pool on our company Virgin Voyages cruise fully clothed!